Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resume upgrade to 18.10 through konsole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to resume upgrade to 18.10 through konsole?

Hi,

I was attempting an upgrade to the new 18.10 LTS version of Kubuntu through konsole. In the process, I was asked if I need the packages which are unneeded to be deleted. There were three options: Y, N, and Details. I choose "Details", but didn't know how to get back after the list came to the foreground, so I hit the combination ctrl+z, that terminated the whole process. While I was trying to get back to the process through the "fg" command, the konsole closed unexpectedly and now I can't even reboot my system because of a problem with ksmserver-logout-greeter...

P.S.

I did a REISUB reboot and after that When I get into grub I saw this:

Ubuntu, with Linux 4.18.0-10-generic
    Ubuntu, with Linux 4.18.0-10-generic (recovery mode)
    Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-38-generic
    Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-38-generic (recovery mode)

I tried the both "recovery mode" versions, but when I attempt the "Repair broken packages" option I've received this message:

Code:
    	HTML Code:
    	/lib/recovery-mode/recovery-menu: line 80: /etc/default/rcS: No such file or directory 
    ^[[C^[[D 
    Reading cache 

Can not upgrade 

Your python install is corrupted. Please fix the '/usr/bin/python' symlink.
    Sounds bad to me..

Any idea how to get back at the upgrading process without any bad consequences?

I think at this point you should just do a fresh install. It may take you hours to track down all the things wrong with that broken upgrade.
    Hopefully you backed up any important data before you started the upgrade..

if you connected to the Internet you could try reinstalling python with this command sudo apt install --reinstall python But that may not work.
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
    X