This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
    Do you know how to remove the watermark?
    You can't, unless you purchase the application.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      You can't, unless you purchase the application.
      Thank you.

Evidently, version 4 does not add watermarks.

I can't find version 4, do you know of a source?

bw
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

google: master pdf editor 4.0.10 download

Then you will find some sites. I think you will find one on the site: OSDN.net

I do have this version installed and it works without watermarks.

Comment

Originally posted by v7peer View Post
          google: master pdf editor 4.0.10 download

Then you will find some sites. I think you will find one on the site: OSDN.net

I do have this version installed and it works without watermarks.
          Hello,

I downloaded the file. I ended up at Source Forge.

I can uninstall the current deb version via muon. How do I install the tarball (tar.gz)?

Thanks

Comment

I found that when filling in a PDF form make sure not to use any of the advanced features (non-free). Just stick to the basic functions and it doesn't add the watermark. If memory serves correctly I only used the "Typewriter" function to add text in a form and it printed fine without the watermark. I'm using version 5.1.60.

If you use a registered version function you will see a popup at the top of the document stating--

"You are not allowed to use this function in the free version. The unregistered version will insert a watermark"
            Last edited by Rod J; Nov 20, 2018, 05:22 PM. Reason: adding info
            Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
            Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
              I found that when filling in a PDF form make sure not to use any of the advanced features (non-free). Just stick to the basic functions and it doesn't add the watermark. If memory serves correctly I only used the "Typewriter" function to add text in a form and it printed fine without the watermark. I'm using version 5.1.60.

If you use a registered version function you will see a popup at the top of the document stating--

"You are not allowed to use this function in the free version. The unregistered version will insert a watermark"
              I only added text, saved, and it added a watermark. Do you know how to to install a tar.gz file?

Comment

I downloaded that older version (4.0.10) to have a play with it.

I usually install stuff like this in the /usr/local/bin folder. I downloaded the master-pdf-editor-4.0.10_qt5.amd64.tar.gz file into my "Downloads" folder. You will have to change the commands if you have the tar.gz file somewhere else or want to install it elsewhere.

To install:

cd /usr/local/bin

sudo tar --extract -f ~/Downloads/master-pdf-editor-4.0.10_qt5.amd64.tar.gz

sudo chown -R root:root master-pdf-editor-4/

To run it double click on the executable file "masterpdfeditor4" or edit your Start menu to include this app.
                Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

I downloaded that older version (4.0.10) to have a play with it.

I usually install stuff like this in the /usr/local/bin folder. I downloaded the master-pdf-editor-4.0.10_qt5.amd64.tar.gz file into my "Downloads" folder. You will have to change the commands if you have the tar.gz file somewhere else or want to install it elsewhere.

To install:

cd /usr/local/bin

sudo tar --extract -f ~/Downloads/master-pdf-editor-4.0.10_qt5.amd64.tar.gz

sudo chown -R root:root master-pdf-editor-4/

To run it double click on the executable file "masterpdfeditor4" or edit your Start menu to include this app.
                  I can't move the file into /usr/local/bin - access denied

Comment

Download the file to your Downloads folder.

Open a konsole.

cd to /usr/local/bin

Execute the command: sudo tar --extract -f ~/Downloads/master-pdf-editor-4.0.10_qt5.amd64.tar.gz

Afterward execute the command: sudo chown -R root:root master-pdf-editor-4/

Just as Rod J indicated in his post. Gots to read to understand, and understand before attempting. Just say'n.

Comment

Thanks for helping Snowhog, much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for helping Snowhog, much appreciated.
                        Thanks to both for helping

Comment

The editor is not showing up in muon

Comment

Because 'the older version' (not sure, but maybe any version) isn't there. As Rod J stated, you need to download the file from 'their' site.

Comment

Master pdf editor is working well, and no watermark.

I could not find an md5 or sha1 for the tar..gz file.

In the event of needing to uninstall the programme, what would be the procedure

bw

Comment

To uninstall just delete the folder containing the program. If you made an entry for it in the Start Menu just delete that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X