This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configure desktop problem

when i right-click on the desktop, and choose "Configure Desktop" from the context menu, i have the following settings:

Layout: Desktop
    Wallpaper Type: Slideshow
    Positioning: Scaled, Keep Proportioned
    Background: Solid colour (i chose purple, because i like purple)
    Change every: 0 Hours, 5 Minutes, 0 Seconds

and i would expect that i can have these settings regardless of whether i reboot my computer or not...

but that is not, actually, the case.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. i reboot my computer, it has all of the settings listed above, EXCEPT FOR the background, which, instead of being the solid colour purple, like i would expect, is a blur of whatever photo i chose. if i right-click, choose "Configure Desktop", and look at the settings, it SAYS "Solid colour", but it's actually a blur. if i choose "Blur" and click apply, nothing happens, but if i, then, choose "Solid colour" and click apply, it suddenly changes back to the colour purple, like it should be.

this is REALLY ANNOYING, despite the fact that it isn't something crashing, and i'm not even sure to whom i should report this, in order to have it fixed. presumably it's part of Plasma, but to whom should i report it?
    ⇑ Hybrid Elephant
    http://www.hybridelephant.com/
    ⇓ The world's finest exotic incense

check system settings>Desktop Behavior >Desktop Effects and uncheck "Blur" and click apply ,,see if that helps .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      check system settings>Desktop Behavior >Desktop Effects and uncheck "Blur" and click apply ,,see if that helps .
      good thought... i didn't even know that existed.

nope.

i still have to right click -> choose "Configure Desktop" -> set to "Blur" -> click "Apply" -> set to "Solid colour" -> click "Apply" to make any difference in what i get when i reboot. 😕
      ⇑ Hybrid Elephant

Comment

Ignore ... I misunderstood the problem.
        Last edited by Rod J; Oct 14, 2018, 06:51 AM.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

leave it to me to find the most annoying and least significant bugs... 😕
          ⇑ Hybrid Elephant

Comment

Yeah, it seems like you have found a bug. I haven't tried your settings here though, so at the moment I can't confirm that.

I have similar settings for my Desktop, but instead of "Scaled, Keep Proportioned" I use "Scaled and Cropped" so eliminating the need for any other background. That works just fine for me here.
            Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
            Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

update:

when the desktop first loads, it loads a purple screen, just like it's supposed to, and then it loads the desktop wallpaper, with a "blur" around it...

it's almost like it knows what to do until the last possible moment, when it does something strange, instead.

what would really like is some direction to point this "bug report" (for lack of a better term) in order to get it fixed...

because it's REALLY annoying!
              ⇑ Hybrid Elephant

Comment

Perhaps not directly related to your problem but with desktop wallpaper - I'm sure that once they were saved in a .wallpaper folder because that how I have old ones on a usb.

Changed mine and another user's images. Next time, another was ok but mine was reset. I then realised that the image is linked, not copied. So my image linked to the usb which was not installed at that time.

Possibly ? something similar is causing your problem

Comment

Originally posted by Worzel View Post
                  Perhaps not directly related to your problem but with desktop wallpaper - I'm sure that once they were saved in a .wallpaper folder because that how I have old ones on a usb.

Changed mine and another user's images. Next time, another was ok but mine was reset. I then realised that the image is linked, not copied. So my image linked to the usb which was not installed at that time.

Possibly ? something similar is causing your problem
                  i'm not 100% certain what you're trying to say... my desktop settings are:

Layout: Desktop
                  Wallpaper Type: Slideshow
                  Positioning: Scaled, Keep Proportioned
                  Background: Solid colour (i chose purple, because i like purple)
                  Change every: 0 Hours, 5 Minutes, 0 Seconds

the images are stored in my /home/images directory, and not in the .wallpaper directory
                  ⇑ Hybrid Elephant

Comment

Originally posted by przxqgl View Post
                    this is REALLY ANNOYING, despite the fact that it isn't something crashing, and i'm not even sure to whom i should report this, in order to have it fixed. presumably it's part of Plasma, but to whom should i report it?
                    every day i boot my computer and get exactly the same results. i would really like to report this bug, but i don't know where to start, since it is not a crashing bug, and it's part of the system. does anybody have a clue?
                    ⇑ Hybrid Elephant

Comment

Working...
                    X