This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying WiFi password dialogue BEFORE log-in

See included screenshot. Question is how to get rid of this? I am annoyed that I always have to click ESC before I can enter the user password (at the left). I do not understand either why I should need a WiFi connection before logging? There is already a working Ethernet connection without password but that one cannot be enabled.

How / where is this all configurable? I don't think a user's networkmanager setting is going to change this, because the user did not login yet. Nor the Wallet is playing a role here, because its daemon is not started until after login.

Did someone include a line in a script in /etc/profile or bashrc or perhaps change the systemd unit file to allow the wifi to fire before the target desktop was reached?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

In system settings->network->connections, for the wireless connection, general configuration tab, is "all users may connect to this network" checked?
      Regards, John Little

Comment

that looks like a Ubuntu login screen ,,,,and Ubuntu dose activate network at boot by default .

how , I do not remember .

is this an Ubuntu install ?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          In system settings->network->connections, for the wireless connection, general configuration tab, is "all users may connect to this network" checked?
          This should probably work for you.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

You could also open the Network Manager and on the security tab enter the password and select "Store this password for user (encrypted), so it won't be asking for the password whenever the NM needs it.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X