Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin has lost all text in the display panels the folders and icons still there

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin has lost all text in the display panels the folders and icons still there

I had my dolphin setup running perfectly, I was so happy that it was so configurable! Then all the sudden I opened Dolphin and there was no text anywhere on the screen (displaying folders,drives,etc). It will show the path in the top of the display panel and I still use Dolpnin to mount USB and other drives, then copy the path into Krusader or elsewhere.

I've had to start using Krusader and Midnight Commander (both had some good points, but not as nice as Dolphin).

Has this ever been reported before and is there a fix for this? I'm getting ready to do a full re-install of maybe 18.04 (14.04 has been good to me ) and if there is a way I can find out what is going on and help fix/find the issue, maybe that would be helpful to the community.

If I select a folder or file and select "rename" still nothing comes up. I can use the "Dolphin file name copy tool" by right clicking on a file/folder. Also the filename shows up at the bottom of the panel, under the "filter" text field and next to the resizing slide bar and the "free space" meter.

Any suggestions on what may be going on or where to look to find out?

That sounds like a dolphin settings file is screwed up. I can find these on my home directory:
    • .config/dolphinrc
    • .local/share/kxmlgui5/dolphin/dolphinui.rc
    • .local/share/dolphin/view_properties/*/*

I suggest exiting dolphin, renaming one (to add, say, .bak to the name) and see how dolphin behaves. If no change, rename it back, and do the next one. If you find the culprit, and don't like the fact that you've lost lots of settings, you might inspect the file with an editor to look for obvious corruptions and try and fix it.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X