This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue PCIe Bus Error...

Hello. I have recently encountered a problem while trying to install another distro from live CD. I have also noticed it happened when switching sessions (CTRL-ALT-F1) in my current Kubuntu distro.

My issue is the following: I keep getting an error message spammed in the console (when booting in live CD I get it each time the installer displays a terminal):

Code:
    pcieport 0000:00:1c.5 PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, id=00e5(Transmitter ID)
    device [8086:9d15] error status/mask=000030000/000020000
    [12] Replay TImer Timeout
    I have already seen this issue on similar posts, but the solutions given to them (adding the option "pci=nomsi" or "pci=noaer") in the GRUB kernel options didn't work out for me. I couldn't find any more help so I'm no requesting yours.

Thanks in advance!
    Edit: several typos and confusions
    Last edited by KubuntuIsCoolReally; Sep 07, 2018, 12:40 PM.

"install a new distro on your Kubuntu laptop"
    Do you mean to replace Kubuntu with the new distro?

If so, create a LiveUSB stick using the distro's ISO file and ETCHER or some other USB burner, and boot that LiveUSB. Then go from there.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yes that's what I meant. I don't think that one bit matters much. I get the error message when I'm in Kubuntu aswell as when booting from live CD. If there's a chance this doesn't happen in LiveUSB I'll try, but I honestly can't see how.

Comment

Working...
      X