X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or aptitude ...
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I have a similar problem with Discover when indicate new updates...
      If I restarted computer (power off and power on) the first update of discover work fine, click in update and I can type my password and update.
      But, generally I suspend computer in ram (not power off) if other day I have new updates (second update from the last time that I power off and power on computer) I can't type password, appears news updates, click in update but not open box for input password. Only can reset (hard reset).
      After this reset (hard reset) I click again in update, and then, open box for input password and update fine...suspend my computer, and other day, new updates, again, same problem, click in update all and not open box for input password.

Sorry if I not explained well.

Comment

@ wonder, You explain well enough. I suggest Kubuntu drop Discover until this gets sorted. Anyone 2nd?
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

I would not 2nd that idea. What I would strongly recommend is trying the great variety of tools available in Linux for updates and upgrades. The command line apt, apt-get, dpkg, and others, are actually used by the GUI applications in various combinations to determine what is available in the repos and ppas, and to select and install what you ask. What is obvious is that some of the GUI apps work better than others, the inverse of that is also true.

You are welcome to uninstall Discover, or anything else, but I really believe that is unnecessary. Use each where its strength lies. I let Discover announce. I use Muon and Synaptic to peruse, and sometimes install. I use apt, or apt-get, to update and upgrade. Other Kubuntu users take different approaches, and that is absolutely cool - because that is Linux.

The best thing to do is write a bug report, even if someone else already has. Volume contributes to priority.

Me? I'm happy as a clam with Kubuntu Bionic, and am looking forward to the next LTS.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I 2nd jglen490's recommendations!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Today, I batted 100%: the update took well using only Discover in both the desktop PC and the laptop! No commands, no Muon interventions.
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                @ wonder, You explain well enough. I suggest Kubuntu drop Discover until this gets sorted. Anyone 2nd?
                Sorry for the delay in my reply, I was out some days.

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
                I would not 2nd that idea. What I would strongly recommend is trying the great variety of tools available in Linux for updates and upgrades. The command line apt, apt-get, dpkg, and others, are actually used by the GUI applications in various combinations to determine what is available in the repos and ppas, and to select and install what you ask. What is obvious is that some of the GUI apps work better than others, the inverse of that is also true.

You are welcome to uninstall Discover, or anything else, but I really believe that is unnecessary. Use each where its strength lies. I let Discover announce. I use Muon and Synaptic to peruse, and sometimes install. I use apt, or apt-get, to update and upgrade. Other Kubuntu users take different approaches, and that is absolutely cool - because that is Linux.

The best thing to do is write a bug report, even if someone else already has. Volume contributes to priority.

Me? I'm happy as a clam with Kubuntu Bionic, and am looking forward to the next LTS.
                No, I don't want uninstall Discover or some other.
                At the moment, I try, if in the second update not prompt for password, kill process of Discover and update with konsole (pkcon update -y).
                I go to view if exist a bug report open and if not, I open this.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
                X