Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me Kubuntu has something equal or better to what Win 7 'services' had ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    >>>>>>>>> The only time I had to do a reinstall was when I switched to Neon for a few years, and again when I switched back to Kubuntu. >>>>>>>>
    GG you are not using Neon anymore?
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Thanks for that run down of your experinces.

You have talked me into going back to BTRFS for OS use !

Over the years, I have promised my self to go down the NAS route,
      and not have messy situations of trying to remember which partition not to format,
      where a temp unpug of main storage would do it.

I have not looked at benchmarks for a good while, and reliability over speed would be a preference.

'Roll back' is the way of the future !!!
      Last edited by sparxz; Aug 24, 2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
        GG you are not using Neon anymore?
        Well ... *shuffles feet** no. **looks away**

I was waiting for Neon 18.04 to release but decided to try Kubuntu again while waiting. I had used Kubuntu since 2009 and 16.04 was a dream of a system. 18.04 is such a beauty and runs so well I decided to keep it. Neon was fabulous too, but right now it is somewhat hard to tell them apart, from a functionality pov.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Aug 25, 2018, 11:03 AM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Well ... *shuffles feet** no. **looks away**

I was waiting for Neon 18.04 to release but decided to try Kubuntu again while waiting. I had used Kubuntu since 2009 and 16.04 was a dream of a system. It is such a beauty and runs so well I decided to keep it. Neon was fabulous too, but right now it is somewhat hard to tell them apart, from a functionality pov.
          When I got a hold of this Acer a couple months back I decided to install Kubuntu as 18.04 was available. It was good enough and close enough [to Neon] that I had no desire to change. It just works so why mess with it. I still have Neon on my older Asus and ... it just works so why mess with it?
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Exactly.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X