This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy

Just a note to say hello, and thank you. Although I've been using Linux for several years, which by no means makes competent (just familiar), this is my first time with Kubuntu.

After several years of Cinnamon on LM, I wanted to try KDE Plasma, and I do like it a lot. I first tried it on Manjaro, but there were wifi problems, and not a big fan of the little pink octopus jumping up and down (octopi). Then Slackware KDE, but the KDE was an old, not so nice looking version. Next did a Debian Stretch KDE install, which good and fast, but wanted more up to date software, but not necessarily rolling release.

Now I'm just a few days with Kubuntu 18.04.1, and it looks just like what I want, and I'm able to get all my devices working just fine. Still exploring. Very nice.

Thank you Kubuntu Team!

Welcome aboard!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Welcome to KFN and Kubuntu. Most people think 18.04 is the strongest Kubuntu release ever. Enjoy!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X