X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very weird problem

After running sudo autoremove
    i suddenly have a very weird problem. My wired ethernet does not seem to work. It does get listed when i issue ipconfig. But it tries to connect and then nothing happens. Now the strange part. When i shutdown the machine. Power it up. Ethernet is back again. Working like a charm. When I do a reboot, ethernet gone again.

It only comes up again when i do a complete power off and on. And then it keeps working until a reboot.

hi
    here is just a throught.,
    autoremove is wonderfully elegant and much beloved by CLI people but it is very much "specific" and also..." a meat cleaver " in that it just does what you tell it do through the "implied" command.

Synaptic or whatever are power wasters for the CLI people who know EXACTLY what they are doing but they do have a lot of "built in redundancy" to make sure that something is not removed unintentionally.

Upon powerup the computer is looking for stuff and 'wants" to connect and if this or that has not been physically removed then the OS, especially a very NICE and RESILIENT OS like Kubu will "look around" and way...woah! this or that has been removed but I can enable this facility by connecting these two parts which for some stupid reason the app in between was removed so I will just work around it.

Kubu is very forgiving...just ask Matilda, who sweeps up the dungeons.

woodwastestimeusingsynapticbecauseheisjustanoldhar dwarekindaguysmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

LOL!
      Does Matilda sweep the dungeons or burn them out?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X