Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After installing Virtual box, 'all' folder in plasma desktop open Virtual Box.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] After installing Virtual box, 'all' folder in plasma desktop open Virtual Box.

After installing Virtual box, 'all' folder in plasma desktop
    open Virtual Box.

When I examine folder link properties, it looks ok, and
    no refeence to pointing to Virtual Box.

Is this a bug in plasma ?

Thank.

When you click on "All" folder on the desktop it opens up VB instead of your /home/youracct folder?

IF so, right mouse on it and choose the delete option. Then open Dolphin on your home account (or any other directory) can drag and drop it to the desktop.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No, I think he is saying that clicking on all [re: any] folders on his desktop result in VB being launched, and not having the folder 'open' as one would expect.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think you're right.
        Anyway, he could drag and drop a home folder from inside dolphin out to his desktop and then left click on it to see if it also opens VirtualBox. If it does then he has serious issues with his plasma-desktop. I sure he does not want to purge plasma-desktop and re-install it. So, looking at the files in his Desktop folder to see what their "URL" or EXEC property is linked to?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Image already added

The associations got screwed up through some plasma bug.
          Corrected it manually by going through associations manualy, and removing Virtualbox association.

What delayed me was it not showing in a 'right-click' properties inspection.

Not sure how this can happen. Must be some anomoly ? !

Anyway 'solved'. And thanks for replies.

Comment

Working...
          X