This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install issues and updates after install

after installing this version 17.10 2 times i found many issues.
    fist install went well but failed to remind me to remove disc and loaded the set of commands and stuck
    resolving it I force shutdown to reboot and get a loading os.
    all went well set up my os then added on the updates, as doing so i had added on a Bluetooth headset to test them later in the evening time, after getting the goodies to make this thing pretty like icons wallpaper themes and so on, all seemed well but... "Stop Hammer time" once updates completed i never really was listening to audio or really payed attention until i

went to my band site to hear my songs for another test today.

ok so like any linux experienced user not being a i know it all,
    i looked and looked for answers on how the audio system just stops working. nothing or what i found was resolving the issues.

thinking back? i didn't do anything other then add on Bluetooth head set but ""ahhhhh the updates" so today i look to see if there was some for pulse audio and bingo

2nd install
    so i go for another install cause the person like me finds no auto did the same now this has to have a way to avoid full install,

moving on once install was done it asked to remove media disk i did, then hit enter, i did and hmmm what am i waiting for. i have to force power off to get a loading os once again. i get at total different set up then i had last time. i did all updates but not he pulse audio

brain fart
    i'm thinking so an idea. off this report make a part of the install a reinstall of drivers and services only. instead of full installs, kinda like a repair reinstall all but wont remove your data. that's a lot of work and you will have a lot of pissed of users if they have a os that has been running a long time that they will loose a lot of data saved.

system is 10 gb of ram
    AMD a6- 64 4core
    acer yea i know but until you try it, phsss i got 2 and they are tough

Did you checksum the ISO you downloaded before you burned it?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

17.10 reaches EOL in ten days. Might be more efficient to install 18.04.
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
        17.10 reaches EOL in ten days.
        Exactly my thought ... why install 17.10? ... especially if you are a 'newbie'. You'd be far better off installing the latest LTS (Long Term Support) version which is 18.04.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
        X