This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connecting smartphone via mtp does not work

It used to work fine with my previous phone on 16.10.
    When I connect it I get the notification, but when i click on it I get this error.

Code:
    The file or folder udi=/org/kde/solid/udev/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:03:00.0/usb3/3-1/ does not exist.
    Is there a way to fix this ?

thx

KDEConnect. Both on your PC or laptop and on your device.

It works well on my desktop and with Samsung tablet.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by allaf View Post
      Code:
      The file or folder udi=/org/kde/solid/udev/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:03:00.0/usb3/3-1/ does not exist.
      I'm not sure whether this applies to your problem, but there is known problem with dolphin that produces errors like this. It happens with me with USB sticks. Dolphin gets confused but udev has mounted the stick. Clicking on the item in the "places" sidebar gives an "already mounted" error but then proceeds ok. You might be able to bypass the error like this. A fix is in the pipeline, reportedly.

However, using the KDE connect app on the phone is much easier IMO, if your phone is on the same LAN as the Kubuntu computer. MTP is a horribly malformed kludge from Microsoft that even they don't like any more.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        I'm not sure whether this applies to your problem, but there is known problem with dolphin that produces errors like this. It happens with me with USB sticks. Dolphin gets confused but udev has mounted the stick. Clicking on the item in the "places" sidebar gives an "already mounted" error but then proceeds ok. You might be able to bypass the error like this. A fix is in the pipeline, reportedly. ...
        I see the same thing. But there's a thread over at the Manjaro forum that suggests setting "automount". So, in System Settings > Removable Storage > Removable Devices, I have this and let's see how that plays out over the coming days:
        Attached Files
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

newer android phones do not enable usb for anything more then charging when you first plug a cable in. Pull down the notification area when the phone is plugged in and see if you have options for the usb connection.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X