Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I purge and reinstall network manager?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I purge and reinstall network manager?

How can I purge and reinstall network manager (on 16.04)?

It gives me errors so I want to try to purge and reinstall it.
    Code:
    lip 04 11:54:18 ntpdate[714]: name server cannot be used: Temporary failure in name resolution (-3)
    lip 04 11:54:19 NetworkManager[735]: nm_device_get_device_type: assertion 'NM_IS_DEVICE (self)' failed
    It is not something that I can't live with but I want to try and learn.

On the same hardware but another disk with clean Manjaro install I have no such problems. So, I thing purging configuration and reinstall might help. But the point is that I don't want to loose internet connection because I will not be able to update and install. So I assume will need to download packages first and dependences?

Any advice?

Update:
    I just purged network-manager and installed new realtec drivers but the bug is still present. So I consider this topic invalid.
    Last edited by gnomek; Jul 04, 2018, 12:00 PM.

It maybe a bug with that version of network-manager in your Kubuntu 16.04 OS. Manjaro is a rolling release distro meaning you get new versions when they get released. could be why the bug is not present in your Manjaro set up.
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

Comment

Working...
    X