This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18.04 LTS feels like Kubuntu of old- solid

The quality is as good as it ever was and it used to be very good prior to the last couple of years. I am glad that they got their act together and I wanted to pay compliments to the team.

Thanks.

For the past couple of LTS releases, I've waited until the first xx.xx.1 bug fix release to install, but it looks like there may be not only a reason to install but also a good opportunity to fix some issues and go earlier that that with Bionic. I'll be looking at doing that this weekend. Thanks Kubuntu team!!
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I have been on Neon for a good year or so but kept on running into really annoying dual monitor and Bluetooth issues, always suspected this be an issue of the rather old Ubuntu LTS base. So when it was clear that Neon will need more time to move to 18.04 and Kubuntu was there right out of the gate I jumped ships and did a minimal install of Kubuntu 18.04 (want to select the apps myself and leave the bloat out). I have to say I am a really happy man now! Never in my 30 years in IT (most of it on Windows) have I had a working environment which was so trouble free and neatly configured exactly to my liking! And of course all the monitor and Bluetooth issues are gone.

My sincere thanks to the Kubuntu team!
      Thomas

Comment

Working...
      X