Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMAZING.Discover updates clear the Panel icon on completion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMAZING.Discover updates clear the Panel icon on completion.

Yep, it's been a long time coming, but here finally!
    Now another thorn in the side:
    The Panel icon is obviously activated by a daemon. It must have apt at its core because it reports how many and if they'll affect Security. Given that, why is that info not passed to Discover? Clicking the icon, Discover (re-)does an apt update. The only real advantage of Discover I can see is giving the user the option of installing a selection (most, of course, will select all. Discover then does an apt upgrade.
    Further, Discover's display on completion ("No Updates") is little different to that of the apt-update phase. How about a different color or something?

On Neon the update icon is still temperamental in its disappearance after the update is done
    I rarely use Discover but the update icon is also temperamental in disappearing after the use of a Konsole and apt to do the update. I am currently using Plasma 13.1 and the problem persists.

It’s an annoyance but not a problem so, being lazy, I won’t be filing a bug report
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Fairy Nuff - good work so far

Comment

O.K.!

Now if Discover actually works and is stable, then we have another choice. Discover, Muon, Synaptic all display and group software solutions a little differently. If they are all working, then you could pick the tool that groups and portrays what you are loking for in the best way - which could be Discover this time, and next time maybe Muon or Synaptic. Then on the command line, there's always good old apt.

Gotta love Linux, pick a tool, do a job - this is great!
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Yup, I do the Konsole/apt thing too - now if that could allow a selection (Discover's only useful feature AFAICT), we'd be minted! (Kiwi version of 'in the money'). Or maybe configure the Panel icon/daemon to invoke some sane process?

Comment

Working...
          X