This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi Notes Agent Recurring Alarm

I've got an alarm popping up that's connected to a reminder note I made with KNotes, and I am able to temporarily close it but can't make it go away permanently. It recurs probably every hour. If I double click on the alarm details, I have the option of modifying the alarm or removing the alarm, but neither works: if I select "Modify Alarm," it's completely unresponsive; if I select "Remove Alarm," it asks me to confirm the choice, but nothing happens from there. I've tried uninstalling KNotes, but that hasn't stopped the alarm from continuing to pop up. So basically having created an alarm for a note once, I appear to be stuck with it forever. Any guesses on how to get rid of it?

In general, I absolutely love the look and feel of Kubuntu. The one thing I can't stand is the whole KDEPIM, Akonadi, Nepomuk pile - if it installs on a clean install, I kill it immediately. The combination of those pieces of junk are incredibly intrusive and unhelpful.

My advice is to find where the note is and delete it, then get rid of that whole KDEPIM setup. While you're at it, go into System Settings and disable indexing. You'll be a lot happier - I know I am.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

The KNotes Handbook is here
      It says to remove a note just select it and then click the "Delete" button, but apparently that doesn't work?

After starting KNotes for the first time you will have a resource installed that saves all notes in a
      maildir folder under notes in $(qtpaths --paths GenericDataLocation), where ever that is.

Perhaps, if you can find that location, you can delete the note directly using Dolphin.

I found no mention of any bug reports for this. Perhaps the best choice is just to delete that app and look for another that does what you want to do.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X