This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Closing Kontact with window manager close button doesn't work

Kubuntu 18.04, plasmashell 5.12.5, Kontact 5.7.3.

Curious problem. If it try and close Kontact using the window manager close button nothing happens yet if I select Ctrl + Q or File/Quit it exits normally. This only happens with Kontact not other programs. If i start it in a terminal then I get the output,

kf5.kxmlgui: cannot find .rc file "kontactsummary_part.rc" for component "kontact"
    No such XML file "/home/masonbee/.local/share/kontact/default-.rc"

...and then my feeds load and all is normal with no additional output from clicking the WM close button. It also takes quite a long time to load. Maybe 20 to 30 seconds. It isn't a show stopper but I would be interested in solving it.

Most cannot start KMail or Kontact when this bug occurs:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1727971

Have you tried to create a dummy file using the touch command?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No (What file do you think I should I create?), it doesn't seem to be Kmail. That shuts fine by itself. In fact everything shuts fine individually, it is only Kontact that has the problem. It is also very slow to start (2-3 minutes) but all the components start fine by themselves. Starting from terminal is the same and there isn't any helpful feedback either (I have installed kontact-dbgsym) except if you close it from the menu you get a lot of,

kf5.kxmlgui: 0x55e8d7368b40 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.

There is this thread ( https://dev.solus-project.com/T5683 ) which led me to check the permissions on the ~/.local/share/kontact which weren't correct but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Reinstalling solved the problem in that thread but that hasn't made any difference in my case.

I am at a loss on how to debug it without more feedback.

Comment

Working...
      X