Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error during access to google drive account.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Error during access to google drive account.

The access works first time after setting, in next time I have error "Unknown error".

Using what browser?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Using what browser?
      I don't use browser for this. I have been setting access via dolphin file manager.

Comment

Are you using "network:/" or "remote:/"
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

My Discover Software Center shows two apps for Dropbox. One is for the Gnome Desktop and one named Caja Dropbox is for the Mate Desktop. I am using the one for Gnome on KDE and it puts a gadget in the System Area of my Panel. It indicates whether the local and remote folders are synchronized. When I click on the gadget a menu pops up. If I click on Open Desktop Folder the Nautilus file manager opens up to my Dropbox folders. Works well for me.

-=Ken=-
          -=Ken=-
          "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
          DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Are you using "network:/" or "remote:/"
            gdrive:/mymail@gmail.com/

Comment

Which version of kubuntu are you using? gdrive will not work well in 16.04. But does work in 18.04. Just go to System Settings and online Accounts and put in your information for Google.
              They in Dolphin navigate to networks and gdrive you can add files there and veiw them from there.
              Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

I use Kubuntu 18.04 and it's doesn't work if restart PC.

Comment

you do have "kio-gdrive" installed , do you not ?

VINNY

O and have you been to system settings>online accounts , and added your google account their as well ?
                  Last edited by vinnywright; Jun 17, 2018, 11:55 AM.
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                    you do have "kio-gdrive" installed , do you not ?

VINNY

O and have you been to system settings>online accounts , and added your google account their as well ?
                    Yes, kio-drive installed, version 1.2.2-0ubuntu1. Google account added too.

Comment

Don't know what wrong at your end, it works perfectly here reboot doesn't cause a problem either. Must be something different in your install.
                      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
                        Don't know what wrong at your end.
                        I don't know too. In My second PC with Linux Mint Cinnamon all works perfectly.

Comment

Have you tried reinstalling the google plugin?

Comment

Have you tried reinstalling the google plugin?
                            kio-gdrive? Yes.

I tried run Kubuntu 18.04 from USB flash drive and there been such too problem.

My problem simellar this. https://askubuntu.com/questions/5113...online-account

Comment

Have you done the Google two factor authentication thing? If I connect something new to my google account, I get something on my phone asking if that's ok. What I've got at various times seems to have varied, but I'm not sure; what I remember is being bewildered more than once.

I had problems, with kmail and k9 I think, getting in to Google until I added "app passwords" and used them and not my usual pass phrase to sign in. You don't mention anything like that. From the page in myaccount.google.com/apppasswords:
                              App passwords let you sign in to your Google account from apps on devices that don't support 2-Step Verification. You'll only need to enter it once so you don't need to remember it.
                              Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
                              X