This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Browser Integration

Hi, I installed the Plasma Firefox Plugin. Every time I boot, I get a notification, telling me the package plasma-browser-integration is missing.

This package does not exist in the Kubuntu Repos. I found this Thread on the KDE forums, where it's said that Neon has the package since today. I'm new to KDE, when can we expect to have the package in the official Kubuntu repos? Or is there some kind of unstable repo I could add to get the integration?

The package is also on github but there seem to be problems with the installation, mentioned in the Firefox Addon Reviews.

I'm on kubuntu 18.04 with Plasma 5.12.5 and KDE Frameworks 5.44.0

Thank you.

Plasma Browser Integration is a feature of Plasma v5.13 which is not available for Kubuntu yet.

Comment

Any update on this ? as I have since few weeks now the same warning about plasma-browser-integration missing and package still not avalaible in official repositories

Comment

18.04 doesn't have plasma 5.13, so if you are on that you won't have it. I don't know about the regular release.

Comment

Originally posted by vincen View Post
          Any update on this ? as I have since few weeks now the same warning about plasma-browser-integration missing and package still not avalaible in official repositories
          If you're on Kubuntu 18.04, you will not get Plasma 5.13 for the life of 18.04. KDE Neon, even though it's based on 18.04, will get the latest Plasma. So if browser integration is important to you, switch to KDE Neon or the intermediate releases such as 18.10, 19.04, etc.

See acheron's post which shows how to get plasma-browser-integration in 18.04.
          Last edited by chimak111; Apr 17, 2019, 04:36 AM.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

plasma-browser-integration for 18.04 is available in our backports PPA.

It is true that this was 1st released as part of Plasma 5.13, but it is very much its own separate thing and could just as easily have been released on its own. Hence it is not tied to only working with a certain plasma version, so can be backported even if the rest of Plasma cannot be.
            On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

I get the same warning in Neon dev stable and User it is in a black box with white letters that appears when an update starts.
              woodsmok
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                plasma-browser-integration for 18.04 is available in our backports PPA.
                It is true that this was 1st released as part of Plasma 5.13, but it is very much its own separate thing and could just as easily have been released on its own. Hence it is not tied to only working with a certain plasma version, so can be backported even if the rest of Plasma cannot be.
                Thanks it worked and solved the problem

Comment

Working...
                X