This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    So I take it that you are not in a position where you can download the 18.04 ISO?
    If so, your only recourse is to use the 17.10 ISO to re-install it. Then, doing nothing else, download the 18.04 ISO, CHECKSUM it, burn it, install it.
    Don’t get tricky or try anything fancy.
    Yes I did download the 18.04 iso and burned it on a usb stick but the install hangs in the early stages.
    I did not chesumed it as i did on a old laptop on windows.

I think i'll try with another usb key, I'm gettiong desperate

Comment

You really need to validate the checksum against the sha256 sum provided for the Kubuntu ISO. It's not easy in Windows because you have to download some application, but it is easy in Kubuntu with the sha256sum. See if your Kubuntu install has it by using
      Code:
      which sha256sum
      on the command line. Then run
      Code:
      sha256sum {ISO filename}
      and compare the output number to the on provided on the Kubuntu download site. If any number or letter disagrees, it's a bad download.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I am tryingto install from another usb key and I get stuck at the exact same point.

I click on "Continue" and I get the cursor in waiting mode but it never goes on to the next step.

wtf is happening here ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180609_164247.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	643874
        Last edited by allaf; Jun 09, 2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I went out do some shopping and I came back the screen did load finally.
          it took maybe 20minutes.

Now i choose a manual install and when i click 'change' on one of my partition I get to wait again. Looks like a problem with a disk

Comment

Had to wait 10minutes to get my mouse pointer back, but i finally achieved to format / (btrfs) and launch the install !

Comment

ok I spoke to soon

Maybe I made a mistake, maybe it should be sdb actually I have to try again and wait 30minutes
              Last edited by allaf; Jun 09, 2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Finally made it to the end.

it was a bad experience, thanks for the help

Comment

Wow. That's slow. Any msgs in the logs explaining why? Maybe a loop repeatedly attempting something without success?
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

no i didn't find anything in /var/log/message.

Comment

You can use systemd to give you a bootup list of processes, when they start and how long it takes them to start.
                      A basic listing is
                      systemd-analyze

Then there is
                      systemd-analyze blame

and
                      systemd-analyze plot > somename.svg (which can be read with your browser.)

See "man systemd-analyze"
                      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                      X