Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need App or Util to Print Directly onto Printable Optical Media using Inkjet Printer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I would like to make the subject of this topic more prominent - to be found in search engines - but this forum doesn't have a hardware/printers category. Where would be the best place to start a new topic regarding Canon print-on-disk media printers?

-=Ken=-
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Ok, I'm back and I apologize for being away so long and being overcome by events.

I installed glabels on my 18.04 machine and I get the same results as kenj70. But, when I print a label to paper, and manually select the Advanced menu setting on the MX922 control panel, it prompts me to put the label face down on the scan platen. Then it has me open the door and slide the CD tray into the machine. I get a copy of the label printed on the CD. This works, but it's far from an elegant solution since I would have to print a label on paper and have the printer scan/copy onto the disk.

I don't understand why a manufacturer like Canon designed this printer to only scan/copy to optical media instead of directly printing a user-designed electronic label to the disc. It doesn't make sense to me. I hate to type it, but maybe there's a windoze solution.
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Hi guy. What you are using is a "feature" that Canon supplies to make copies of commercial disks. Take the disk or the cover art and replicate for your personal copy of the commercial disk.

The answer to printing on optical media has been solved, although it will require a $34 usd expenditure on your part.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...VD-Media-Topic

http://www.zedonet.com/en_shop_turboprint.phtml

-=Ken=-
        -=Ken=-
        "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
        DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X