This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] aptik

I have read wonders about Aptik, and since I'm going to upgrade my OS to either Kubuntu 18.04 or Neon based on 18.04, I thought that this would be the perfect program to avoid manual re-installing of programs (or APPS as they call them now) once I make the change. I have downloaded Aptik using information from various websites (add the repository, sudo apt update, sudo apt install aptik) and have tried this both on my Neon
    /Kubuntu hybrid and on the latest Kubuntu installed on VMM. The result? According to Muon, the app is installed, but it is not listed in the launchers nor can I run it using Krunner (i.e. using the home screen RUN app). What am I doing wrong? I have mentioned this problem in other entries but linked with other issues, so now I want to open this up as a separate thread and hope someone has an idea what to do with this. It seems like a great time-saver, but I can't get it to work, even though it's supposedly installed. Any ideas?

sudo updatedb
    locate bin/aptik

Where does it list as being stored?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

did you install the package aptik-gtk? This is the gui for it, otherwise you only have the commandline part

Comment

No, I had not installed the Aptik-gtk app. I just did, and it works fine. Don't know why the original instructions didn't say I had to do that, though. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
          No, I had not installed the Aptik-gtk app. I just did, and it works fine. Don't know why the original instructions didn't say I had to do that, though. Thanks for the help.
          Probably because a lot of Linux how-tos are likely copied from other sources, and of those 523 articles on it, probably 520 are copies, copies of the one with incomplete content.

Also even if there are comments mentioning this below the article the author is too lazy to actually edit it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
            The developer mentioned it here: https://github.com/teejee2008/aptik/...ment-386788217.
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
            X