This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Privacy problem.

In System Settings -> Desktop Behavior -> Activities there is Privacy tab. But it doesn't seem to work, because when "I chose Do not remember", applications remembers their history.

screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J7...XWCPf_iLJNxNe0

HI!
    And welcome to th friendliest forum on the net! \

I"m sure you are an intelligent person and did it but you did not explicitely post it.

I do not see your screenshots in my Kubuntu latesty besty install.

My install directs a restart.

Did you IMMEDIATELY do a restart after apply and save?

wood just askin' smoke

Oh, and don't be a stranger!
    Last edited by woodsmoke; May 09, 2018, 10:03 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

My understanding is that this setting only applies to files opened through KDE mechanisms, such as those opened in dolphin. These are the files seen when "Show recent documents" is checked in "Application Menu Settings" from right-click on the K menu. Files opened with open dialogues in applications are saved using the applications' own mechanisms and are not affected by the setting.

But maybe my understanding is wrong.

Now, I agree that the setting should be honoured by applications, and I think that applications, at least KDE ones, should add their recent documents' names to the desktop environment's list. It has often annoyed me that I can't see most of the files I've worked with in "Recent Documents", which is nearly useless to me. I wonder if this is possible?
      Regards, John Little

Comment

jlittle TUP for discussion.

woodkindaoutofitsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X