This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Task manager panel options

This is a trivial question but I haven't been able yet to figure out how to fix my current panel problem. My taskbar panel is located at the bottom of my desktop.

In 16.04 as I added icons for apps like Firefox, Dolphin and so on the icon for Conky, which started out on the extreme left of the panel would automatically move to the right as each new icon was added.

In 18.04 after the 4th icon the Conky icon stayed put and the newer icons were not visible. I have tried a few things but I cannot change this behavior so it works like 16.04

Addendum:

OK, I need some kind of a guide. It seems like every time try something and change a setting I can't figure out how to change it back. Now none of the icons on the right side of the panel, like the network connection or sound, work anymore and I have no idea how I screwed them up.
    Last edited by lcharles; May 08, 2018, 11:27 AM.

We can get you back to a stock panel, at the very least:

Click the icon n the far right of the panel, them click more settings, then remove panel.

Next, right click on the desktop, and select Add Panel >> Default Panel.
    This will get you back to a normal panel.

I am not seeing what you are on my systems. I have 7 icons on my panel at the moment, no issues.
    If you come across this problem, if you can, take a screenshot using the f12 key, where you can take an image of the whole desktop, or just the area you want to show.
    It will be easier to see what is going on, visually.

Comment

Thanks, I don't know what I did wrong when I first began adding stuff to the panel but starting over solved the problem. Everything works fine now.

Comment

Working...
      X