X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One workaround till the bug is patched:
    https://github.com/storaged-project/...ment-381397218
    If I tell KDE to mount only, and open the folder ~2 seconds later, everything works as it should.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Just a quick update on my prior posts. Kubuntu 18.04 has updated to plasma 5.12.5 but the usb mounting/malformed url problem persists. Arch, OpenSuse(Leap and Tumbleweed) and Neon are all currently using plasma 5.12.5. Both Arch and OpenSuse have no issues with mounting usb drives that I can detect. Neon doesn't give the malformed url error when mounting but Dolphin will not open after making that selection in Notifier. If you open Dolphin on your own, the usb drive is mounted and accessible. So it appears that Kubuntu 18.04 just suppresses the malformed url error message without correcting the underlying problem.

One big exception to the above: on all the above distros, usb drives that are luks encrypted do not mount properly. When you connect such a drive, your are prompted for the password just like under kde4. After entering the password, Notifier comes down and informs you that you are not authorized to mount the drive. However, if you open Dolphin, the encrypted drive is mounted and accessible.

Comment

I have the same error when I mount a drive from either the Device Notifier panel or the Dolphin. Also on my actual PC and on a couple of VirtualBox installations I tried so far. I am on KDE Plasma 5.12.5.

Mount through Dolphin
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bT...GUuR3sVr8gemPB

Mount through Device Notifier
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K9...Kg336tW-JBjcIr

I was hopping that this would be fixed before 18.04.1 in July but I now I am losing hope. It is a shame.

BTW this is my first post here. This forum is tragic. Starting with the 90s registration process. I had to find a valid username, repeat the password, repeat the email and fill a bunch of other fields. Then after I activated the account it would not accept the password and had to reset it. And after all this hassle I come here to post a message and I can't upload an image. Fine, I host it on my google drive but then I can't even add a freakin hyperlink properly. Please take this as constructive criticism. My point is to improve.

Comment

USB Drives Give Malformed URL From Device Notifier

You correctly identified your problems: “I”

If you’ve browsed other posts you’ll notice that others have included images and URL links in their posts. Rather than immediately assuming that the forum software is at fault, perhaps you should just ask how to do it.

Here’s how: Left click on the “Advanced” button at the lower right corner of the message entry box. After that larger, more elaborate entry box appears scroll to the bottom and Left Click on the “Manage Image” button. From there the steps should be obvious.
          After you’ve entered all the images you want to display scroll up to the message entry box and enter your message. Place the cursor where you want to put an image and left click the attachment icon in the collection of icons at the top margin of the entry box. Select the image you want to place by Left clicking on it. Note: giving image descriptive names makes it easier.

Oh, you can’t mount a device a second time after you’ve already mounted it or you have automount installed. And, you can’t mount a device from your home account if you do not have permission for it. And, see my post above.
          Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 07, 2018, 05:03 AM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post417425 works for me so far.
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Oh, you can’t mount a device a second time after you’ve already mounted it or you have automount installed. And, you can’t mount a device from your home account if you do not have permission for it. And, see my post above.
              You misunderstood. I did not try to mount a device second time. The screenshots I took was right after I clicked on the drive icon the first time. The icon was orange before and after I click on it Dolphin shows that error message, the Device Notifier pops up with its own error message and the drive is mounted successfully (I can use it normally). If, instead of Dolphin, I try to mount through the Device Notifier (again the first time) I get the "Malformed URL" error.

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
              Thanks, I will try that as a workaround. Do you face the same issue? In my case it is not only a problem with USB sticks but all drives. Also this problem started with 18.04. I have 17.10 on the same machine in another partition and works fine.
              Last edited by daemon; Jul 16, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Do you not see this on your toolbar?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180707_083505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	643923

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  Do you not see this on your toolbar?
                  Right :-)

Comment

Also, not going to deny the forum software is, well, a bit long in the tooth style-wise, but it works. Frankly, some of the newer "free-flow" types or whatever they are, are flippin' annoying to navigate. As far as the difficulty creating an account - we try our mightiest to keep the spam-slam to a minimum. If a new user has to wade through some weeds so we can keep most of the predators out, so be it.

Please Read Me

Comment

I donno,