Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Retail Install - Installed Games Not Shown In Start Menu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeZ-l-Lee View Post
    Ok...

The issue above is when the installed software category is not in the menu it fails to be shown.
    I installed SmartGit DEB from their website and "Development" in menu was empty and grayed out.
    This needs to be investigated and fixed...

Jesse
    It doesn’t do any good if you don’t report back any suggestions offered to you. DID you checksum the ISO and LiveUSB you installed from and did it check OK? This may not seem necessary to you but in the absence of any other info we begin by eliminating the fundamental problems first.

The next question would be: where did you download the app from, and did you checksum it?

Third, what method did you use to install it?

Basic questions, obviously, but not answering them prevents us from helping you.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

JeZ-l-Lee has a thread with the same or nearly identical issue here.

Daily 3-31 - Installed Games Don't Show In Start/Games??

Same result. Could not replicate the issue.
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Give me some time, working on an update to a video game my team made...
        I'll redownload the ISO and will install into VirtualBox to see if I can replicate the issue again.
        Thanks!

Jesse
        www.FallenAngelSoftware.com

Comment

Working...
        X