X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] krusader-root icons and padding

With Bionic Beaver is not possible use the command
    Code:
    kdesudo -c "KDE_SESSION_VERSION=5 KDE_FULL_SESSION=true dbus-launch krusader"
    , becasuse kdesudo is not supported.
    So I have krusader-root without a) toolbar icons and b) normal padding (two-panels icons and padding are working, after setting icons in root system settings).
    Any idea?
    Thank you
    Last edited by jduns; May 02, 2018, 10:03 AM.

krusader-root icons and padding

seemed to be solved adding this row to sudoers:
    Code:
    Defaults env_keep += "KDE_SESSION_VERSION KDE_FULL_SESSION=true"
    , but it did not work
    Last edited by jduns; Apr 30, 2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Solved: copying kdesudo from a partition to my current kubuntu 18.10 installation. Kdesudo in usr/bin is perfectly working! I don't understand why Canonical took it away

Comment

Originally posted by jduns View Post
        Solved: copying kdesudo from a partition to my current kubuntu 18.10 installation. Kdesudo in usr/bin is perfectly working! I don't understand why Canonical took it away
        Kdesudo is still in the Kubuntu repository. However if you install it and in a Konsole attempt to run Dolphin as root you will get:
        :~$ kdesudo dolphin
        Executing Dolphin as root is not possible.
        Of course, IF you import Kdesudo from another distro that is the same version number ....
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

kdesudo has been removed from 18.04, as it's unmaintained and was never ported to kf5.

More discussion (and replacement options) here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth.../73471-Kdesudo

Comment

@GreyGeek It seems to me that execute dolphin as root is not possible (with or without kdesudo)...
            @kubicle: thak you: I will see. Done: now I use not kdesudo, but kdesu. Thank you
            Last edited by jduns; May 02, 2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X