This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cups issue or something else?

I have kubuntu 17.10 on my computer and an HP m102w printer attached. Lately, when I click on "print" it takes sometimes as much as a minute or more to render the first page of the print job and each succeeding page. I am also trying to network a laptop running kubuntu 16.10 and a windoze 7 box. Could this be the culprit or is something else going on? How to correct for it?

It really depends on 'what' you are printing. But, it could also depend on which printer driver you have installed for that printer. Details?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When that happens what does the process tab on KSysGuard show as the major consumer of CPU time, and and the final output of
      dmesg -T

You can also use htop in a Konsole to see this information.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

HP is really pretty good about drivers...but...one line up or one line down in the driver selection can make a world of difference because of "the unstated" "age" of the driver...some really are oriented toward graphics

FOR A PARTICULAR PIECE OF HARDWARE...

or for text...

FOR A PARTICULAR PIECE OF HARDWARE...

so please post the PARTICULAR drive that you have selected

woodthanksyouaheadoftimesmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X