X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reminder help ...

Some time ago, people posted and discussed this problem:
    When hovering the mouse cursor over a button (e.g., in Firefox), the tool tip is unreadable because it is all black--all black background, no letters visible.

There was a simple fix for this that involved adjusting some System Setting, adjusting colors or something.
    Does anyone remember what this is? I can't find the bookmark or any notes on it.

Thanks.

(Seems I blew out a motherboard, had to piece together, ad hoc, an older PC here, trying to set things up in 14.04 again until I have time to fix the PC or build another ... always something, huh?)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Sorry, I found it:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post387536

A workaround for this is to go to Settings ->System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Colours -> Colours and set the tooltip background to a lighter colour.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

nice fix I'll remember that also!
      woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

nice fix I'll remember that also!
        woodsmoke
        And we note that the credit for that tip goes to elijathegold, btw.

Comment

Working...
        X