This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact address questions...

I use Kontact as my primary email program and have for years...

I'd like to scour through all of my email address and bulk add them to my contacts folder.

Is this possible?

Originally posted by papapenguin View Post
    I use Kontact as my primary email program and have for years...

I'd like to scour through all of my email address and bulk add them to my contacts folder.

Is this possible?
    KPIM has an import/export app for that. But, it doesn’t “scour” other apps. Those apps must be used to export contacts to external files in formats compatible with KPIM’s import feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I really only want to go through my emails in Kontact and save the addresses. I don't need to use any other apps. I was going through every email one at a time and adding the address to my address book -- this is a pain...

Comment

I really only want to go through my emails in Kontact and save the addresses. I don't need to use any other apps. I was going through every email one at a time and adding the address to my address book -- this is a pain...
        "go through my emails in Kontact and save the addresses" vs "I was going through every email one at a time"

"Kontact is the integrated solution to your personal information management needs. It combines applications like KMail, KOrganizer and KAddressBook into a single interface to provide easy access to mail, scheduling, address book and other PIM functionality."

The last time I used KMail and KAddressBook the import & export facility was in a separate program and neither Kmail nor KAddressBook should be running. The allowed you to export to a cvs, mailbox or other standard storage file, which you could use to import to another email client.
        https://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_...ame_machine.29

https://userbase.kde.org/Kontact
        https://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4
        https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          "go through my emails in Kontact and save the addresses" vs "I was going through every email one at a time"
          I don't think he's really trying to import/export mails from one client to another.

From where I sit, I think he has a lot of emails to/from various people and would like to add all those senders/recipients into his contacts (Kaddressbook) in a simple batch run instead of one-at-a-time by right-clicking on an address and choosing add to contacs. The OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you can do that with kmail, but possibly it could be done by parsing your emails with a script and producing a csv list, which you could then import to your addressbook.
          EDIT: I'll take that back, Kmail filters (Menu>Settings>Configure filters) allow you to perform an action to add senders, recipients etc to an addresbook of your choosing...so you could create a filter that matches all your mails (or matches certain criterion if you prefer), and adds senders and/or recipients to your addressbook. You could then run the filter manually on all your emails/folders.
          Last edited by kubicle; Apr 03, 2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
            I don't think he's really trying to import/export mails from one client to another. From where I sit, I think he has a lot of emails to/from various people and would like to add all those senders/recipients into his contacts (Kaddressbook) in a simple batch run instead of one-at-a-time by right-clicking on an address and choosing add to contacs.
            yeah...that's it...I was hoping there was a way around going through every single one...
            Last edited by papapenguin; Apr 03, 2018, 11:17 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

yeah...that's it...I was hoping there was a way around going through every single one...
              I edited my previous post, you can probably do it with kmail's filter functionality

Comment

You were right, Kubical

Comment

kewl!
                  woodlikesitsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X