This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left shift key not working

How do I fix this? I can enter lowercase but when I use the shift key it will not enter the capital version. The right shift key works. The left shift key does not work. Could it be the batteries? That makes me wounder if my mouse problems could be the Linux kernel, getting confused by the Logitech Unifying receiver that allows both the keyboard and the mouse to use the same receiver. Maybe when it says the mouse battery is low, it really means the keyboard. Maybe when I single click the kernel sometimes thinks it's a double click even thou mouse clicks are set to the maximum value in input devices>mouse! Maybe a new or updated kernel module -driver-, is needed. I hope this gets fixed in 18.04.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Does it work in any application? Is this a laptop keyboard, or an external keyboard?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Adding to what Snowhog suggested, does the key work when you boot into a LiveUSB or LiveDVD?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The wrong keyboard was selected when I installed the distro. Maybe unity miss reads hardware sometimes when It installs from scratch instead of upgrading. When I selected the default button it changed from generic 101 to Generic 104. It is working now. I looked on the bottom and it is a K350 wireless from Logitech. That one is not in the list. Possibly too new. I bought it from Staples about a year ago.
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Working...
        X