X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being stuck after clicking restart

Hello,

An image is worth thousands of words so I attached the problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020439.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	649302

At this point I am stuck because if I turn off the machine, it will not boot.
    I installed the OS alongside a Windows installation on the same drive and of course on different partition. Only Windows boots...

Is there anything I can do besides turning off the machine? Because in that case the installation automatically fails (again).
    Attached Files

Originally posted by G a r y View Post
    Hello,

An image is worth thousands of words so I attached the problem.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7463[/ATTACH]

At this point I am stuck because if I turn off the machine, it will not boot.
    I installed the OS alongside a Windows installation on the same drive and of course on different partition. Only Windows boots...

Is there anything I can do besides turning off the machine? Because in that case the installation automatically fails (again).
    By “restart” are you saying this was the first boot following the installation of Kubuntu? If so, boot the installation medium and use its option to checksum that medium. I.e., make sure you had a good burn. If it fails recheck the ISO itself using md5sum or sha256sum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

(By restart I mean that I turn the power off and then turn on. I do not know how to skip this screen you see on the pics except waiting or turning the power off.)

I managed to solve this so now dual boot works great. The solution was that I put the bootloader on a different drive than the Windows boot loader.
      Dual boot works great, everything is fine so far. Except that I somehow can't adjust the brightness level of my screen via the keyboard on my laptop. I can do it manually but not with my keyboard. And the strange thing is that it is the same in Windows except that in Windows manual adjustment don't work neither.

Any ideas for that?

Comment

You'll have a better chance of getting that solved if you start a new thread with a proper topic.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X