X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
    Is this possible in the livedvd
    Could I not try this by giving a command in the terminal?
    See msg #18 in this thread.
    You switch back and forth between the LiveDVD and the install so frequently it is hard to determine which you are running at any given time. Don't bother trying to change anything on the LiveDVD. As long as it passed the checksum option in its startup menu it is OK. If it didn't then you need to checksum the ISO file. If the ISO file checksum is good then you need to reburn a LiveDVD at the slowest speed your CDROM allows. If the ISO is bad then download and check a fresh copy. Let's keep the issues related to an installed system, and not the LiveDVD.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I can't. I have an installed version 14.04 and have no trouble with this OS. I am testing a livedvd (16.04.4). Of course I am switching back and forth, version 16 is not yet ready for installation on my system - it keeps disconnecting from the router.

I believe that my posts have made it clear regarding the installed OS (no problem) and the livedvd (problem), there should be no confusion.

Best wishes.

Ps. The iso file checked. The drive often determines the write speed.
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Working...
      X