This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    The page does say it is not an exhausted list, so I am sure it is a variant perhaps added after that part if the wiki page was last edited.
    Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV710/M92 [Mobility Radeon HD 4530/4570/545v] (rev ff)
    Ah, 545v. Good eyes!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Open the phonon sound settings and make sure the device priority is right:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180306_061019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	643804
      Last edited by mr_raider; Mar 06, 2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_raider View Post
        Open the phonon sound settings and make sure the device priority is right:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7447[/ATTACH]
        its been brought to my attention it may be worth me upgrading from kubuntu 16.0.4.4 to the latest LTS release.

by any chance do you know the apt command? will it preserve my files and settings (i know certain settings may have been changed or removed) and applications?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
        Tutorials:
        Yoda's ownCloud Installation on Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

sudo do-release-upgrade. your settings should be just fine

Also if you want HDMI as the default. Then be sure to move the HDMI device to the top of the list for each audio section. In the panel shown in the above screenshot.. This will prevent you from needing to move each stream to the hdmi device manually
          Last edited by sithlord48; Mar 06, 2018, 08:53 AM.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

This entire thread was started in Kubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark, yet you indicate in the post below that you are not running that version:
            Originally posted by hightokeinyoda View Post
            hi all another failed attempt using kubuntu 16.0.4 as suggested the log file is below...
            Then in yet another post here, you seem to confirm that you are not running 17.10:
            its been brought to my attention it may be worth me upgrading from kubuntu 16.0.4.4 to the latest LTS release.
            If, as I suspect, you are running 14.04.4 (which you confirmed in another thread), posting here in 17.10 was inappropriate. 14.04.4 is EOL (End of Life) and is not being supported, and attempting to solicite support for it by posting in a supported Kubuntu forum area here in KFN is, well, disingenuous. I'm closing this thread.
            PM from OP explaining what's going on here. Thread reopened.
            Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 06, 2018, 09:49 AM.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

by any chance do you know the apt command? will it preserve my files and settings (i know certain settings may have been changed or removed) and applications?

If you move to 16.04.4 I would just wipe and re-install. Personally, IMHO, 16.04 is not one of the best Kubuntus since it uses the 5.5 revision of plasma. 5.8.x is far more mature and stable. But you can change that later with manually added PPA.

It is possible to do a 14.04 to 16.04 transition, but it is high risk since there are some serious changes to the underlying OS done between the releases. Mind you I did it successfully way back then.

You might also consider trying ou 18.04 which is in development but relatively useable IMHO.

If I were you, I would stick to 14.04 if it works, and in May, just wipe and re-install 18.04. I can tell you the AMD open source driver is a lot better now since 16.04. I have laptop with an AMD APU (a12-8800b) and it stuff like video acceleration and desktop effects work just fine.

Comment

i get an error saying no new releases found whats going on lol

Tutorials:

Comment

Once a version of *buntu reaches EOL, you can't perform a normal 'release upgrade', as the repositories for the EOL version are no longer available. You can still do a 'release upgrade' from the command line (konsole). See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOLUpgrades
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Once a version of *buntu reaches EOL, you can't perform a normal 'release upgrade', as the repositories for the EOL version are no longer available. You can still do a 'release upgrade' from the command line (konsole). See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EOLUpgrades
                    thanks snowhog that helped distro upgrade to 17.10 is underway

Tutorials:

Comment

well im officially running 17.10 everything is working including the hdmi sound so im buzzing with the results if i have any glitchy apps a reinstall fixes em right up thanks for all your help with this

Tutorials:

Comment

Working...
                      X