X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia GT610 or GPU Kaby Lake

Hello.
    In the first time, my apologies for if this thread isn't correct here.
    Not problem with linux, with my kubuntu, only a doubt, but I love this forum...

After read some threads and I think that, my graphic aren't the best option (in my 2 options that I have).

In this moment, I use nvidia gt610, but I have my kaby lake with her gpu.

I have always thought that, although it is a low-end graphic, it is better to use this graphic, because it is dedicated.
    But after reading different threads, I'm not sure anymore.
    I do not use games, but a lot of kdenlive.
    What do you advise?

Again, my apologies if my thread isn't good in this subforum and/or forum.

Regards.

I have a gt610. It works fine in the ancient machine it sits in, far better than the Intel 3000 or something it has on-board
    Now, the Intel 6xx gpu in your system is far as I can tell will be much better than the 6+ year old Nvidia

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...m7736vsm225196
    https://technical.city/en/video/HD-G...GeForce-GT-610

However, if you already have one, it won't hurt to try the dedicated card and find out.

Comment

Thanks for your reply cladoh!
      My gpu its intel hd 630.
      I try my dedicated card (nvidia gt 610) is this card that I use from a few years.
      All the tests (in the pages that you indicate) appears hd 630 better than this gt 610.

How to try over and over and see which gives better performance? In my daily operations since I do not use games, yes, a lot of kdenlive.

On the one hand I think that the dedicated, does not take ram system memory, and intel yes, although gives a better performance watching the tests (currently I have 8 gb of ram).

Again, thank you!

Comment

Hello.
        After some days with tests with my hd 630 of intel, these are the results:

With intel hd 630:
        Better graphics.
        No problems after suspend and wake up my computer.
        With glxgears -info I have 60.000 fps.
        But when I have my cpu a top work, my temp it is 4-5 degrees higher than using the external graph.

With nvidia gt 610: (propietary drivers)
        Lower temperature with high processor workload.
        Worse graphics.
        With glxgears -info I have 5000.000 fps.
        And, always (I always suspend to ram my computer, never, power off) always, when wake up from suspend I have 2 problems:
        1.-kwin is restarted
        2.- it's just an "aesthetic" problem, but for example, trash on desktop is shown as the next image capture

What do you advise me?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X