This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spacer View Post
    Looking back, it's kind of amazing how far I've come with Linux since 2006! Back then, I really didn't mess around much with anything besides KDE. And I was using a dial-up connection back then!
    This was your first post here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post207279
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Worzel View Post
      Guess I'm the original low-level forum user - joined 09-05 and 67 posts - but still read and learn everyday
      https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...full=1#post367
      Me too. I have a spare rocking chair for you to use while we tell the yungins to get off the lawn lol!

I have 262 pages of posts

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Indeed. And apparently that was my only post here, until a few hours ago.

Comment

Hehe, so I also had a look back in history.

And was surprised, mid 2006 I posted about a problem with Firefox and then I apparently disappeared until end of 2012...
          That second question I remember, I had been playing with btrfs and ran into similar trouble I did a short while ago.
          It was answered by SteveRiley, someone we miss!

It's not that I didn't have any problems that needed a solution between the first and second post but those days I frequented the Ubuntu forums.

The last year I've been quite lucky with the stability of Kubuntu, just as well because work took a lot of my time.

Comment

Steve is sorely missed. I met some stellar intellects in grad school (way above my abilities) and academia and Steve was equal or better than any of them.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's interesting to see the "issues" that we were having in 2007, and the extinct terminology -- Adept Installer, Beryl, "How to install Google Earth", Envy installer for Nvidia driver.

Comment

Everyone has been so helpful over the years and I have appreciated the active community that has been built over time. KFN's existence depends on so many great contributors!

My first post.

Comment

Joined 7-24-06, but took a few months before my first post in Feb 07.

It's been a long strange journey, but I have loved every minute of using Kubuntu. And it got better every year. But of more importance, thanks to Kubuntu Forums and Open Source for a great forum and allowing for some "interesting" conversations.

A lot of people have helped me along the way, and while I have answered a fair number of posts and questions perhaps I've given something useful to someone.
                  Last edited by jglen490; Jul 03, 2018, 11:30 AM.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
                  X