This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminiscing..

I was looking for an old thread of mine. I have 13 pages of threads dating back to March 2010!

My first Kubuntu install was 9.10 but I didn't come to this forum until later.

Good times...

Please Read Me

OK you got me trying to remember when I started @hear ,,,,,,,,,,,,look's like I have 293 pages of posts dating back to 4-30-09 with Kubuntu-8.04 .

first post ,,, https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post176561

look at the specks on that box a 697.9 MHz CPU .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

This appears to be my very first post on KFN: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ll=1#post59328

It's post date is three days after I started using Kubuntu Linux. I find it interesting that my first post here wasn't one asking for help, but instead, was providing information for others that I found that helped me.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I started Linux around 2005-2006. I joined the forum Dec 2006. Kubuntu 6.xxx ? I see here 277 pages of posts. My second post listed was (4-9-07):

HOW TO: GRUB Methods
        Toolkit for Installation, Rescue, Repair - Fixing Common GRUB problems
        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...1535#post61535
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I have 138 pages of posts. The 13 pages was threads I started!

Please Read Me

Comment

I suppose the number of pages would be different based on our font choices and other settings.

My stats say (as you can read) 9025 posts and 322 threads. Yikes!

Please Read Me

Comment

Ah, but think of all the users you have helped, like me for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
                Ah, but think of all the users you have helped, like me for instance.
                and me

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

tup
                  woodsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Guess I'm the original low-level forum user - joined 09-05 and 67 posts - but still read and learn everyday

Comment

Thanks for the pleasant comments. I'm sure many more of my threads are requests for help than solutions for others. Also, there's a few "Oops, look at the stupid thing I did..." threads peppered in there too.

Please Read Me

Comment

I installed Kubuntu 9.04 Alpha 1 in January of 2009. Found this forum a month later Browsed for six weeks then made my first post, 3-15-09:
                        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post170811

Threads started: 987
                        Total posts to date: 13,320

SOME of the people I have gotten the most help from, in no particular order:
                        Snowhog
                        Oshunluver
                        Rog131
                        Rog132
                        SteveRiley
                        dibl
                        kubicle
                        Claydoh
                        Rod J
                        jglen490
                        archeron
                        jlittle
                        sethlord48
                        woodsmoke
                        and many others that don't come to my 76 year old memory right now ....

KFN is my #1 hangout!
                        Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 19, 2018, 07:52 PM.
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Just thought I'd see about myself. https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ased-Installer

That was Daper Drake. I was on Ubuntu Hoary and wanted a better experience. Never left after that and been here since. I actually remember that issue. Still odd to this day. Have that laptop right here with Puppy because that is all I could get to run on it now. Wish I could put Daper back on there!

Comment

I joined here back in '06. I think I was running Breezy at the time. I can't remember if I ever posted here, but I don't see any forum posts by me. It's been years since I even logged in here, and I had to get a password sent to me to even log in. Maybe my posts have been deleted, or maybe I never posted.

I used Kubuntu 6.06 on a problematic computer, served me well for quite some time. Toyed around with a few releases since then, but other than that I hadn't been running Kubuntu much; now I've got 17.10 installed, typing from that at the moment.

Comment

Looking back, it's kind of amazing how far I've come with Linux since 2006! Back then, I really didn't mess around much with anything besides KDE. And I was using a dial-up connection back then!

Comment

Working...
                              X