• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fw114 View Post
    Next story after using the apparmor hint:

output syslog and still can't open any files with libreoffice

Well, looks like i am not the only one:

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/146695/libreoffice-apparmor-messages-in-linux/

Heres the bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...e/+bug/1284507
    the same, also in debian..
    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=887593

thats what i'am talking about..

so many bugs that it runs like crap, so i guess i don't start to dig for the plasma and sddm bugs and the other stuff.

Comment

I was surprised with your Libreoffice problems but now I noticed I'm running the older version from the repositories.
      If an office suite is important for your work I can recommend Softmaker Office, it's not for free nor Libre but works very well.

About the video stability, have you tried switching off the 3D effects (Composer)?
      You can find it in System Settings/ Monitor and screen/ Compositor

Comment

Well thank you. Your answer is exactly what i expected.

Because you don't have a problem, does not mean there is no problem.

Anyways, so i don't expect any usefull answer to this toppic,
        What else do you expect when you post nonsense like
        now new updates are thru and it's getting worse. now every 10 min, the desktop (plamsa) fails.
        ever 10 min > service sddm restart

and it SUCKS.

next thing, after the new updates to openoffice 5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 app amore blocks "open file" from open office...

WTF are u guys doing right now ? time to leave K/ubuntu. the stability is crap and i am getting mad because of this.
        The Apparmor issue is nothing to do with Kubuntu, per se. Understand that.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
          What else do you expect when you post nonsense likeThe Apparmor issue is nothing to do with Kubuntu, per se. Understand that.
          Well, it's all togehter the summs it up, if u can understand this.

it started with plasma and ends up with apparmor...

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
            I was surprised with your Libreoffice problems but now I noticed I'm running the older version from the repositories.
            If an office suite is important for your work I can recommend Softmaker Office, it's not for free nor Libre but works very well.

About the video stability, have you tried switching off the 3D effects (Composer)?
            i purged apparmor. if the bugs are solved i go back. because after all the updates it is still the same with apparmor

Comment

i purged apparmor. if the bugs are solved i go back. because after all the updates it is still the same with apparmor
              Just turn on your Ubuntu Fire Wall (ufw). You can install its graphical interface, gufw. It has a button to allow easy turn on and off, and also a nice user interface to add new rules, if you need them. But just having the firewall running does a lot.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post

Well i did no see the second part of your question , sorry for that.
                so no, the video stability is not the issues, like i wrote in my first post, the issue is a kernel segfault:
                ksplashqml[4777]: segfault at 1000d ip 00007f5f2e8c1210 sp 00007ffcf3be14c0 error 4 in libXext.so.6.4.0[7f5f2e8b4000+11000]

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                  Just turn on your Ubuntu Fire Wall (ufw). You can install its graphical interface, gufw. It has a button to allow easy turn on and off, and also a nice user interface to add new rules, if you need them. But just having the firewall running does a lot.
                  Thanks for your hint, but i dont need iptables, because i have a UTM 9 in front of my network.

Comment

Worst stability ever for Plasma, kwin and Sddm

Wow! A malware protection service for AWS clouds which includes a “micropayments” model that ranges between 12 cents/hr to $6/hr.
                    8)
                    [emoji15]

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/so...od,1-1172.html

Shouldn’t cloud services include the cost of their own protection in the base price of the service?
                    Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 24, 2018, 08:34 AM.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      Wow! A malware protection service for AWS clouds which includes a “micropayments” model that ranges between 12 cents/hr to $6/hr.
                      8)
                      [emoji15]

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/so...od,1-1172.html

Shouldn’t cloud services include the cost of their own protection in the base price of the service?
                      I am using the home version. which is that u can use all services for free, if you dont have a running business, so i don't care about the payments.

basiclly it was the astaro (german company) firewall which was bougth by sophos. since that , i have to admit, the atstaro aka sophos utm 9 turns more and more to crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X