This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocky fonts in 17.10?

Since upgrading to Kubuntu 17.10, fonts are blocky in WINE documents.
    I'm guessing something is missing from the underlying OS, as everything was working fine before the OS upgrade.

I first did an auto upgrade when the 17.04 repositories were retired, and the issue surfaced. I backed up, and did a full clean install from the 17.10 ISO hoping that would fill in whatever was missing, but it's the same.

I have

Anyone else seeing this? Any idea how to fix it? There's a bunch of other weird glitches, but this is the most annoying.
    Attached Files
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Just speculating, but is the Wine release you are using compatible with 17.10? What version of Kubuntu were you running before "upgrading to Kubuntu 17.10"?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Installed WINE from the repositories, so I hope it would be compatible. Put Codeweavers Crossover Office on top too.
      Previous install was 17.04 -- I ran an upgrade and this issue appeared, so I backed up my home directory and did a fresh install. Same issue, so there's something I'm missing ... fonts, settings, drivers...? Not sure.
      Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 05, 2018, 05:04 PM. Reason: No need to quote initial reply
      Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Working...
      X