Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can try ,,,,,,,,,,,open the file "/ext/lsb-release" with kate ,,,, change the line
    Code:
    DISTRIB_ID=neon
    to
    Code:
    DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    save the file .

Now try the install of the package/repo .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Where do I find this file? I type in the text with quotes under home and root and it cannot be found. I type it in without the quotes and the name disappears and nothing happens.

Comment

Steps:
        1. Press Alt+F2
        2. Type: kdesudo kate /etc/lsb-release
        3. Type your password and press Enter
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I did that and got...nothing.

Comment

UPDATE. I ran Kate again without the terminal and typed in etc instead of ext and this time it worked fine. I tried it on ucare and this time got no error messages and it finished what it hadn't done before. I then tried to add the repos for SMPlayer and that worked and the newest version was installed. So Vinny's solution was the correct one, although he meant etc when he typed ext. Thanks for the help, and now I can add repos. Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
              So Vinny's solution was the correct one, although he meant etc when he typed ext.
              that would be correct ,,,my bad I shouldn't post when I am tired ,,,,,,,,,,however I am always tired ,

keep in mind the next time their is an update to lsb-release this will probably be reset

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
              X