This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail cannot send emails

I'm running KDE Neon 5.11. Yesterday I did a software update (I usually install updates as soon as I see they're available). Up until the point of installing the update, I was able to send emails from kmail.
    Immediately after the update was installed, I tried to send an email and got this error (the first message appeared instantly on clicking the send button; the rest of the messages in that notification took a few moments to turn up).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171223_150309.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	649263
    The email isn't even getting as far as the internet, I have confirmed that I can send emails from other clients; this is an internal error in kmail itself.
    I've installed several small updates as they became available since the problem started, but it continues to happen. I can still receive emails, however.

On my other machine, which is very new, I didn't have kmail set up yet, but I thought I'd try it to see if it worked on there instead. On opening it, the wizard to help you set it up appeared, immediately followed by an error message saying something failed to initialise in kmail. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of this and now can't replicate the bug. I didn't get an error when opening kmail a second time, and having added my email account I am able to send emails from kmail on Kubuntu.

Unfortunately Neon is my day-to-day distro at the moment and I rather rely on kmail. Not being able to send emails from my computer is a serious problem. I can use my phone or webmail, but at some point this is going to get very inconvenient.
    Has anyone else had problems or is it just me?
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Reconfigure your account.
    OR, if that doesn't work,
    Export your existing email messages, purge kmail. Run "sudo apt autoremove". Reboot. Install kmail. Import email msgs.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Bug 388068
      - With the kmail version 5.7 can no longer send mails. (edit)

So seems a fix is coming at some point if that matches your issue.
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
      X