X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My screen shows strange colors

Hi everybody,

Three days ago my computer started to have such a screen (see enclosed image). Please, how can I*have normal colors?
    My plasma version is 5.8.8 and my KDE frameworks version 5.36.0.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicrnicr; Dec 15, 2017, 02:10 PM.

Change back to Breeze or Breeze Light in the Desktop Themes settings.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you very much GreyGeek, but I*don't know what to do. I don't have any choice for the Breeze thing. See enclosed.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	des.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	643687

Comment

That's the boot splash. Look for "Aussehen und Gefühl" or something similar. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171215_151717.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	643688

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you very much oshunluvr. Indeed it's better with breeze light and breeze dark but still not good. I will try to install the latest Plasma.

Comment

Thank you very much oshunluvr for your answer. It's indeed better with breeze light or breeze dark but still not good. I tried to update Plasma, but I already have the newest one.

Comment

I have the same problem with Kubuntu 16.04, Kubuntu 14.04*and Windows 10. I'm afraid my screen is defect.
              Last edited by nicrnicr; Dec 16, 2017, 04:53 AM.

Comment

If it's actually a hardware issue, you might try swapping the cable and verifying your video drivers before you buy a new monitor.

Please Read Me

Comment

I can’t see anything wrong with the colors in the image you posted. Would you please describe what you are seeing that you believe is ‘wrong’?
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you GreyGeek oshunluvr & Snowhog for your answers.
                    I first took the computer to pieces and I noticed that the connexion to screen was good.
                    I went to a shop and they founded that the screen was broken. They changed it and now it is alright :-)
                    Last edited by nicrnicr; Mar 16, 2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X