Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin does not show copy process in the task bar ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin does not show copy process in the task bar ...

Hi,

On my system I do not see the copy process in the Taskbar, when dolphin is copying files.
    The "1" circle which is filling is not shown.

As well the settings in the "System Settings > Notifications > Other Notifications" are already
    check and correct.

I guess, that a software part (daemon) is missing, how is needed to show this, but which one ?

But this does is not happen during upgrade from 17.04 -> 17.10.

Any Idea ?

Best regards
    R.
    Last edited by ritchie; Nov 15, 2017, 04:38 AM.

Just to confirm, can you try with a Live USB of Kubuntu 17.10. However unlikely, it's possible something got messed up in the upgrade process?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I'm seeing two signs of progress.
      The folder and its name are traversed by a shadow and the folder has a little circle with "1" in it. The shadow grows in length and disappears when the copy is done.
      There's also another little circle in the "system tray (?)" and that too has "1" and that circle goes away when the copying is done.

I tested this on Kubuntu 17.10 with the latest backports. Are you doing simple stuff like copying from one folder to another or to or from some external device?
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Hi,

this behavior has nothing to do with the upgrade from 17.04 to 17.10.

I was thinking, that the upgrade will fix this problem, but it does not.

I have tested this with a big amount of data (6GB) to a USBdrive and it does not shown any information of the copy process.
        As well, I already check the settings in the system settings of notification and can see any failure.

Is there a way to fix this, without reinstall the complete system again.
        Like reinstallation of dolphin ?

Best regards
        R.

Comment

I think dolphin may not be behaving according to your expectations.

When I copy something large it appears to start a background job of some kind and does not show progress. If I want to see a progress bar I have to hunt down in the notifications widget to find it.

If this is what you get, it seems to be by design. I don't like it.

Regards, John Little
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Hi,
            But even with small files, I do not see the notification about the copy progress. As well in the progress bar.

Best regards
            R.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
              I think dolphin may not be behaving according to your expectations.

When I copy something large it appears to start a background job of some kind and does not show progress. If I want to see a progress bar I have to hunt down in the notifications widget to find it.

If this is what you get, it seems to be by design. I don't like it.

Regards, John Little
              This is an image I got while emptying trash:Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolphin-progress.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	643656
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Even deleting files, I do not see. Any action of dolphin, whichs takes a while I do not see.
                Best regards
                R.

Comment

Have you seen what happens with a Live USB of Kubuntu 17.10?
                  Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I will check this evening.
                    But this function has worked on my machine. I guess it happen something updating 17.04, suddenly this function is gone.
                    Best regards
                    R.

Comment

Have you run sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get dist-upgrade recently? Any errors or warnings in the output? Perhaps if you post the entire output here, someone may spot something?
                      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

It works expected with the live CD!

>Have you run sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get dist-upgrade recently?
                        Yes, but I do not have log files from it.

Best regards
                        R.
                        Last edited by ritchie; Nov 13, 2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchie View Post
                          It works expected with the live CD!

>Have you run sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get dist-upgrade recently?
                          Yes, but I do not have log files from it.

Best regards
                          R.
                          Just copy the entire output from the terminal and paste it here within code tags. Shouldn't be too long!
                          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Sorry, the update was done last week. There is no terminal session active any more.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchie View Post
                              Sorry, the update was done last week. There is no terminal session active any more.
                              You can run those commands any time you like! Even more than once a day!
                              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                              X