Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin does not show copy process in the task bar ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you are right. But now the scripts says. Nothing to do, because it is already at the latest version level.

Comment

Hi,

I jut starting to plan a complete reinstallation of the system. I have already installed a new hard disc,
      here I has install kubuntu 17.10 and I works normal.

Now I have to take over all my programs and setting to the new system.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
      R
      Last edited by ritchie; Nov 15, 2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchie View Post
        Hi,

I jut starting to plan a complete reinstallation of the system. I have already installed a new hard disc,
        here I has install kubuntu 17.10 and I works normal.

Now I have to take over all my programs and setting to the new system.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
        R
        Hi, I'm sorry to stumble upon your issue after almost one year, but I have a targeted solution! I had the same issue on Manjaro/KDE and now I know what was wrong.

I had a file called "dolphin.desktop" inside ~/.local/share/applications - a left-over from the old times. Its content was:
        Code:
        [Desktop Entry]
        Exec=dolphin
        Name=dolphin
        NoDisplay=true
        Type=Application
        Looks like that was the launcher taken into consideration every single time I invoked "dolphin". It actually launched dolphin, but probably the mechanic of the taskbar notifications is somehow affected by the basepath of the notifier program... No idea actually, I have not investigated.

After removing that file, the taskbar started receiving the notifications and behaved properly.

Maybe this will help you in the future, saving you from reinstalling your profile from scratch.
        And hopefully will save some people from that! ;-)

Cheers,

(c)

Comment

Working...
        X