This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live boot anomaly causes Wi-fi to fail

I would like to install the Kubuntu 17.10 version on my Dell Precision 5520 laptop, but have had some issues while running the live boot session from a USB Thumb drive. I have had several instances where the Wi-fi would mysteriously stop working. In every case, the following lines appeared in the /var/log/syslog file:

Nov 9 03:44:32 kubuntu dbus[1101]: [system] Activating service name='org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper' (using servicehelper)
    Nov 9 03:44:32 kubuntu org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper: QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object
    Nov 9 03:44:32 kubuntu org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper: message repeated 2 times: [ QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object]

Each time the Wi-fi stops working, I am able to restart it by clicking the Wi-fi network icon then clicking the disconnect button followed by the connect button. The network will then operate normally until the next time the three lines above appear in the syslog file.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don't want to actually install the Kubuntu until I can be sure this won't be a problem with the installed version.

George
Working...
X