X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tmp is only 41.3 kib.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Your problem is the sheer number on kernels you have Installed. See my last post.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog is 100% right. Each linux-headers is 70-80MB...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          All are showing Status as Installed? If 'yes', that's your problem.

One really only needs two kernel version installed on their system: the current one (the one you are booting into) and the previous one. Any more than that an you are taking up precious space on your root partition.
          This is approximately 10% of them. There's a whole bunch. All are installed with a single broken one.

HP15 -
          -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

So Muon is smart enough to remove all the older ones when I select Remove Unnecessary Packages under Edit? The versions do not appear to be in "version" order.
            HP15 -

Comment

The latest installed kernel should be 4.4.0-98.121. Can you verify that?

Comment

linux-headers-4.4.0-98 and -97 appear to be the most current if that's what those numbers mean.
                HP15 -

Comment

The latest installed kernel should be 4.4.0-98.121. Can you verify that?
                  Clicking the "technical" button it shows the complete 4.4.0-98.121
                  HP15 -

Comment

I would install and run UCareSystem to clean out the crud: https://utappia.org/2016/03/28/ucare...ilable-in-ppa/

I swear by it and it's perfect for situations like these. BTW, by default, the script will keep the current and (I think two) previous ones, in addition to removing downloaded debs and un-needed temp and config files.
                    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                    K*Digest Blog
                    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

There is an auto-remove function that's supposed to place older kernel and headers in auto-remove status automatically when you install newer kernels. All you have to do to see what can be removed is click on "Installed (auto-removable) in the left column of Muon.

Come on dude, time to take out the trash!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                        There is an auto-remove function that's supposed to place older kernel and headers in auto-remove status automatically when you install newer kernels. All you have to do to see what can be removed is click on "Installed (auto-removable) in the left column of Muon.

Come on dude, time to take out the trash!
                        Lol. You should know my tiny skill level by now. I saw that on the left. I shall click it now.
                        HP15 -

Comment

Okay. Good enough.

You want to select EVERY (and ONLY) linux-headers- that contain 3.* (any 3 series header) and then Mark for: Purge

BE VERY CAREFUL that you select ONLY the 3.* series linux-headers. Once they have been selected and marked for Purge, click on Apply Changes.

Warning: IF YOU SELECT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I SPECIFIED ABOVE, YOU COULD END UP HOSING YOUR SYSTEM, SO AGAIN, BE VERY CAREFUL HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
                            Lol. You should know my tiny skill level by now. I saw that on the left. I shall click it now.
                            It removed several. Many remain. But it did remove -97 of all things.
                            HP15 -

Comment

Okay. Good enough.

You want to select EVERY (and ONLY) linux-headers- that contain 3.* (any 3 series header) and then Mark for: Purge

BE VERY CAREFUL that you select ONLY the 3.* series linux-headers. Once they have been selected and marked for Purge, click on Apply Changes.

Warning: IF YOU SELECT ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I SPECIFIED ABOVE, YOU COULD END UP HOSING YOUR SYSTEM, SO AGAIN, BE VERY CAREFUL HERE.
                              I shall now remove the 3s. Too late on the others.
                              HP15 -

Comment

Evidently they must be removed individually.
                                HP15 -

Comment

Working...
                                X