Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark stuck in boot logo -kubuntu logo- in ASUS N552VW

I writed Kubuntu 17.10 iso file on a 16GB flash drive using Rufus, i disabled fast startup in windows 10 x64 enterprise , set boot options correctly so that kubuntu started to boot m but it stuck in boot logo

so i hold power button to turn off , then restarted again and i logged in kubuntu successfully but the problem is not solved and is annoying, i have problem in kubuntu 16.10 or 16.04 or 16.04.03 or 14.04
    but in 14.04 and 16.10 there were a chance to boot properly.

Try with a different utility to write the boot iso.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      Try with a different utility to write the boot iso.
      i also use unetbootin and tried to boot from :
      1- UEFI flash drive boot (FAT32 format)
      2- Non-UEFI flash drive boot

but it says respectively:

1-Gnu Grub version 2.02~beta3-4ubuntu7 : minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. for the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. anywhere else TAB lists possible possible device or file completions.

grub>

2-an operating system wasnt found. try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
      press ctrl+lt+del to restart.

Comment

Did you check the checksum of the ISO to make sure your download was pristine?

IF it is then use this dd command:
        dd if=whatever.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=512k

Change "whatever" to the name off the ISO. Change "X" to the letter of the USB stick.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Did you check the checksum of the ISO to make sure your download was pristine?

IF it is then use this dd command:
          dd if=whatever.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=512k

Change "whatever" to the name off the ISO. Change "X" to the letter of the USB stick.
          1- does it is important to checksum iso file? why?
          when i try MS windows iso file, i didn't check the checksum. why it is important for linux distros?

2- i use GUI version of unetbootin

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammad48 View Post
            1- does it is important to checksum iso file? why?
            when i try MS windows iso file, i didn't check the checksum. why it is important for linux distros?

2- i use GUI version of unetbootin
            1: During download ISO files do get corrupted on occasion. And, even more rarely, an infected file can be uploaded to the repository. And, sometimes the burn process gets corrupted. Checksums prevent installing a defective or infected ISO. There is an option on the LiveUSB to check it.

2: Unetbutin has problems. Use the dd command or install Rosa or Etcher and use it for a GUI version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              2: Unetbutin has problems. Use the dd command or install Rosa or Etcher and use it for a GUI version.
              All work as advertised. Etcher is by far the easiest GUI method: https://etcher.io/
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X