This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it good enough yet?

I understand launch is on the 19th. I am getting another computer tomorrow. Is it recommended to install 17.10 as my main or should I install 17.04 as main and then setup the hyperviser and install 17.10 as a VM?
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Why do you need/want either? Why not use an LTS version and make sure everything is working for a while before you start making changes. Hopefully newer hardware will reduce the amount of problems you have had.
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Good idea. I have one of two computers comming. Any idea if Gigabyte video will work with Kubuntu 17.04? The GP card has three fans on it so hopefully it will run TpF and Civ 6. It has no DVD. I don't have any USB sticks. I do have a USB 2,3 external big drive. I hope I can boot with that. It is an old computer, but looks new. It should be younger than this laptop which will turn 10 in November or next month.

I will probably donate it to a school or scrap it as it probably will die soon anyway. The replacement has a SSD. Should I put the entire Kubuntu 17.04 on it or just the boot part and use the external for the rest?
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Depends on the size of your SSD.

I have a 500GB one, it holds Win7, Kubuntu 16.04 (LTS) and now 17.10.
        But I put a caddy with the old 1TB spinning disk in the optical bay, that's where many media files reside.

Comment

Working...
        X