X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem getting Internet access

OK.

Now I have a new problem. When I installed Kubuntu 17.04. It had no Internet. I was able to use dolphin to go to the pool directory of the install dvd and manually install the wifi. I never did get the Ethernet to work. When I went to install Lubuntu 17.04 it also has no internet. It has no pool directory so fixing it isn't so easy. Note no version of xbuntu ever has any Internet until I manually install the wifi packages and the Ethernet NEVER works on any version either! Both the Ethernet and wifi worked years ago but some time after 2014 it stop working in the installer, How do I fix Lubuntu? Can I use dolphin to copy some things from Kubuntu 17.04 since its the same version or do I need to use Kubuntu to search the 17.04 Ubuntu repos and download packages to a directory and then boot to Lubuntu 17.04 dvd?
    Last edited by steve7233; Sep 29, 2017, 07:24 AM.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
    OK.

Now I have a new problem. When I installed Kubuntu 17.04. It had no Internet. I was able to use dolphin to go to the pool directory of the install dvd and manually install the wifi. I never did get the Ethernet to work. When I went to install Lubuntu 17.04 it also has no internet. It has no pool directory so fixing it isn't so easy. Note no version of xbuntu ever has any Internet until I manually install the wifi packages and the Ethernet NEVER works on any version either! Both the Ethernet and wifi worked years ago but some time after 2014 it stop working in the installer, How do I fix Lubuntu? Can I use dolphin to copy some things from Kubuntu 17.04 since its the same version or do I need to use Kubuntu to search the 17.04 Ubuntu repos and download packages to a directory and then boot to Lubuntu 17.04 dvd?
    Please start a new post for new topics. This issue has nothing to do with btrfs and subvolumes. Anyone that can help may not find this buried here.

Please Read Me

Comment

@ and @home (or what ever you name them) are usually a pair. Apps in /usr/bin or /sbin often create config settings in the home account. Lububtu won’t have the same apps as Kunbuntu not, as you suspect, the same display drivers.

However, because you are running Btrfs, you can make ro backups of all four subvolumes and then snapshot @lubuntu and @kubuntu17.04_home to test names, edit /etc/fstab and have a go at it. My prediction: Failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X